If you suffer from migraines, no doubt you’ve been looking for ways to relieve the symptoms. Anyone that has suffered from a migraine or severe headaches knows they are no fun.
However, we’re here to tell you there are all kinds of ways to prevent migraines and lessen the symptoms – and one of them is exercise. Regular physical activity has been shown to help reduce their frequency and severity, while also providing a range of physical and mental health benefits.
Here we’ll look at some of the benefits of exercise for migraine prevention, and how you can get more out of life by incorporating this into your everyday routine.
Why Exercise for Migraine Prevention Helps
Not only does exercise reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines, but it also has enormous benefits for your overall health.
Exercise provides several benefits for individuals who suffer from migraines – all of which can contribute to better overall health:
- Improving sleep: Exercise can help to improve the quality of sleep, which is important for managing migraines.
- Boosting mood: Exercise releases endorphins, which are natural pain-relieving and mood-boosting chemicals.
- Reducing stress and anxiety: Regular physical activity has been shown to help reduce stress levels.
- Maintaining a healthy weight: Exercise can help to maintain a healthy weight, which is important for reducing the risk of migraines.
- Improving overall health: Exercise has a wide range of physical and mental health benefits, which can help to improve overall health and wellbeing.
It's important to remember that everyone is different and that the benefits of exercise may vary from person to person. It's always best to consult with a doctor before starting any new exercise program to ensure that it's safe and appropriate for your individual needs and health status.
The Best Exercises for Migraine Prevention
Exercise is a proven tool for migraine prevention, and it's important to find a type of activity you enjoy and can stick to. Whether it's aerobic exercise, strength training, yoga, or mindfulness, there are many different types of exercise that can benefit migraine and headache sufferers.
Some of the best exercises that people of all ages and abilities include:
- Aerobic exercise: Aerobic exercises, such as running, cycling, or swimming, can help to reduce the severity of migraines. This type of exercise increases blood flow and releases endorphins, which can help to reduce pain and improve your mood.
- Strength training: Strength training, such as weightlifting or resistance exercises, can help to improve muscle strength and posture, which can reduce the risk of migraines. This also releases endorphins and can help to reduce stress levels.
- Yoga and mindfulness: Yoga and mindfulness help to reduce stress, improve posture and increase flexibility, all of which can reduce the risk of migraines. Practising yoga and mindfulness can also help to improve sleep quality, which is important for migraine prevention.
Of course, for fast, effective relief, you can also try CEFALY – a natural migraine treatment device with proven results.
Natural Relief for Migraine Sufferers
If you’re looking for other ways to prevent or manage their symptoms, CEFALY is a complementary solution for those who suffer from migraines.
Exercise can play a crucial role in preventing and mitigating migraines, but so can CEFALY. These devices are easy to use, with two treatment settings: a 60-minute acute treatment and a 20-minute preventative treatment.
CEFALY offers External Trigeminal Nerve Stimulation (e-TNS) devices, such as the CEFALY Enhanced, to reduce the frequency and intensity of migraines. By using CEFALY products in conjunction with exercise and other lifestyle changes, you’ll be able to better manage your symptoms for improved health and quality of life.
Combine the benefits of exercise for migraine prevention with CEFALY for maximum relief from migraines today.